20th January - Limited GP appointment availability for the next two weeks
Unfortunately due to GP sickness we are only able to offer a limited number of routine appointments over the next two weeks. Emergency clinics continue to run each day for urgent problems which cannot be left for another day.
Appointment Availability Week Starting 3rd February 2020
As there can be some variation in the number of routine GP appointments available to book each day of the week, we would like to advise you on the days you are most likely to be able to book an appointment. We will update this information weekly.
Monday 3rd February : Average availability No online appointments
Tuesday 4th February : Limited availability
Wednesday 5th February : Limited availability
Thursday 6th February : Good availability
Friday 7th February : Average availability
Emergency surgeries run every day for patients with urgent medical problems that cannot wait until the next day for attention.
Update on appointments
We have been very aware that our appointments system is causing a lot of unhappiness amongst our patients. We have been reading the patient feedback forms and have been discussing with staff how to better manage our appointments. With the limited capacity that we currently have we are trying to be more flexible with our appointment availability. Should you encounter difficulties accessing a routine appointment, please inform reception staff who will do their best to accommodate you.
All telephone calls to and from the practice will be recorded in order to check any instructions given to us, for training purposes, for crime prevention and to improve the quality of our services. A message will inform you of this each time you ring the practice. Please be aware that calls will also be recorded when anyone from the practice rings you.
• We are a total telephone triage practice. This means that when you call to book for an appointment, the receptionist will ask the nature of your call. They will follow guidance provided by the GPs in the practice and will signpost you to the most appropriate healthcare professional. You may be advised to contact your local pharmacist, or may be booked in for a telephone call with a GP (who may arrange to see you, or arrange for a Practice Nurse to see you, in the practice that day) or could be directed to other services you can self refer to. The receptionist may be able to directly book certain appointments for you such as blood test appointments, physiotherapy appointments, chronic disease reviews and smears.
• Please note that each available doctor has a set number of routine phone back appointments each day and that once these are all booked you will be asked to ring back another day if you have a routine problem.
• The doctor will attempt to call you up to two times. If you miss both calls you will be asked to book a further appointment. Please let the receptionist know if there are certain times you are unable to answer the telephone so that we can note this.
• If you are unable to get through on the telephone, you may wish to register for our online appointment booking, or you can call in at our reception desk.
• For urgent medical assistance, emergency appointments are available all day and you can call anytime after 8.30am.
• To make an appointment with a nurse or appointment for bloods you can call anytime between 8.30am and 6pm. *However, as the telephones are particularly busy first thing each morning with patients looking for GP appointments, it would be very helpful, if possible, if you could telephone after 10.00am.*
As part of a Government led initiative, we provide a limited number of additional evening GP appointments. These are not bookable in the usual manner and are usually organised by your GP directly when felt appropriate. Please discuss requests for evening appointments with our reception team, who can get back to you after discussion with the doctor.
The practice is involved in teaching medical students. The receptionist will tell if you if a student is to be present during your consultation, which you may decline if you wish.
If you cannot attend an appointment for any reason please inform us as soon as possible in order for us to give the slot to someone else.